Place the rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, and fleur de sel in the bowl of a mini food processor and pulse 10 to 12 times, until finely chopped but not puréed. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and process until smooth. Place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse until the cheeses are mixed. Bake before serving.” I’m quoting her here because she’s so thorough. On Wednesday, Garten gave her Instagram followers a “sneak peek” at Emily’s English Roasted Potatoes, a recipe she learned from none other … Two of my favorite things! Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. She’s a pleasure to watch on the Food Network and her cookbooks are awesome. * (And we've … We’re all a little cranky these days because it’s winter, it gets dark early, and we’ve been dealing with the virus for… I’d love to live in the Barefoot Contessa’s basement and be a food taster for her delicious dishes. December 19, ... Ina Garten Parmesan Chive Smashed Potatoes Get the recipe: parmesan chive smashed potatoes. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. I wouldn’t. All rights reserved. And by the photo alone, the spuds look delectable. Copyright 2014, Make It Ahead by Ina Garten, Clarkson Potter/Publishers, All Rights Reserved, sides, Entertaining, Weeknight, gluten-free, Vegetarian , potatoes, feta. Every Barefoot Contessa recipe I’ve made has been so tasty! Roll each potato in the salt and herb mixture and put them back on the sheet pan. Blunt first taught Garten how to make her family's roasted potatoes on a 2018 episode of "Barefoot Contessa," telling her the dish was a "staple in the Blunt household." The serving size says 4, but I eat all of them at one sitting! These potatoes are not quite as crispy like fries but they're better for you because they're baked. Cheers, Faith Check out a gallery of our favorite Ina Garten recipes, below. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. I’ve been reviewing it for ideas for new meals during Covid. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Ina Garten's Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe You'll Want Ina Garten's Slow-Baked Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes at Your Thanksgiving Table. I didn’t pay attention to her technique of baking the chowder before I … Since her book was about making things ahead, I’m guessing she would have told us that we could freeze them, yet she didn’t. Place the potatoes, garlic and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes. View top rated Barefoot contessa twiced baked potatoes recipes with ratings and reviews. Ina Garten shared Emily Blunt's secret family recipe for English roasted potatoes, and it was so popular that her website crashed. See how potatoes au gratin Ina Garten is made from this recipe below. I made the Skillet-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes from Ina Garten's new cookbook. The brown sugar adds to their sweetness, while the salt and pepper give them a savory flavor. Our mission at SheKnows is to empower and inspire women, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Slit the top of each potato, squeeze the ends together to open the potato, and top with a generous scoop of whipped feta. Recently Garten posted a picture […] But once that was well-established, she jumped right into her recipes, sharing one for twice-baked sweet potatoes. 15 Make-Ahead Recipes From Ina Garten That Will Change the Way You Cook. Adapted from Ina Garten's book,"Back to Basics"(Barefoot Contessa). All you really need are Yukon Gold potatoes and … A beginner's level recipe, the roasted potatoes come together with only five ingredients: Yukon Gold potatoes, kosher salt, vegetable oil, sea salt or fleur de sel, and parsley. 1 tablespoon coarse fleur de sel or sea salt, 4 large (8- to 10-ounce) Idaho baking potatoes, 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until tender. When Ina first posted about Emily’s English Roasted Potatoes, from her upcoming cookbook, Modern Comfort Food, so many people tried to access the recipe that it crashed Ina’s website. Baked Potatoes with Yogurt and Sour Cream Recipe. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. And Emily has a pretty genius secret to getting a crispy exterior and a creamy interior: She preheats the sheet pan with some oil before tossing the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning. ... (but not baked) mashed potatoes can be refrigerated for up to three days. Bring to a boil … Ina Garten is one of my favorite chefs! Combined with the words au gratin from French, potatoes au gratin simply means the potatoes will be the crusty part of the meal. Cooking. Ina Garten, aka the Barefoot Contessa, has a mashed potato recipe featuring lemon zest that is perfect for Thanksgiving. November 17, 2020 by Chanel Vargas. Get Baked Potatoes Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Refrigerate until ready to serve. I was shocked there was so much hype surrounding the potatoes, so I decided to make them for myself. Ina Garten's Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes Are the Ultimate Thanksgiving Hack. From pantry recipes we can make with ingredients we already have on hand to … Ina Garten shared Emily Blunt's English potatoes to her Instagram account on Wednesday with a link to the recipe on the Barefoot Contessa website. Place the rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, and fleur de sel in the bowl of a mini food processor and pulse 10 to 12 times, until finely chopped but not puréed. We've been heavily relying on Ina Garten's recipes lately, and luckily she has a lot to share. That’s what makes Ina Garten’s dish — which she sophisticatedly calls “ Puréed Potatoes with Lemon ” — a game changer. Scrub the potatoes, dry them well, and pierce them all over with the tines of a fork. You simply boil the potatoes before transferring them to the oven. ... Return the skillet to the oven, raise the temperature to 425 degrees, and roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, until they’re tender and starting to brown. Place the potatoes on the prepared sheet pan and rub them all over with olive oil. A good choice for the busy kitchen, she notes, as the potatoes can … Spread the mixture in a shallow bowl or plate. Scrub the potatoes, dry them well, and pierce them all over with the tines of a fork. Barefoot Contessa | Parmesan Chive Smashed Potatoes | Recipes Sign up and I'll send you great recipes and entertaining ideas every week! Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Here's what I thought when I tried it at home, plus a few suggestions if you try it, too. Slit the top of each potato, squeeze the ends together to open the potato, and top with a generous scoop of whipped feta. Spread the mixture in a shallow bowl or plate. And no wonder — the recipe promised crispy, browned potatoes with creamy insides, and it only required three ingredients (in addition to two kinds of salt). And no wonder — the recipe promised crispy, browned potatoes with creamy insides, and it only required three ingredients (in addition to two kinds of salt). Add the olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and process until smooth. Heavenly Twice Baked Potatoes, Lisas Twice Baked Potatoes, Lizas Twice Baked Potatoes, etc. Provided courtesy of Ina Garten. Ina Garten’s Baked Sweet Potato Fries are super simple and quick. I’d love to live in the Barefoot Contessa’s basement and be a food taster for her delicious dishes. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Ina Garten’s cookbook instructions are, “Assemble the sweet potatoes and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours. For ones who are not kitchen person, potatoes au gratin may sound like an alien term. Favorite It Now. Roll each potato in the salt and herb mixture and put them back on the sheet pan. A beginner's level recipe, the roasted potatoes come together with only five ingredients: Yukon Gold potatoes, kosher salt, vegetable oil, sea salt or fleur de sel, and parsley. Emily's roasted potato recipe calls for just five ingredients, and it couldn't be easier. Sprinkle with chives and serve hot with extra whipped feta on the side. Every Barefoot Contessa recipe I’ve made has been so tasty! Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, until tender. This recipe from Ina Garten’s latest cookbook, Modern Comfort Food, seemed to check all those boxes: sliced potatoes and buttermilk-marinated chicken thighs get slow-roasted together in a skillet before being showered in fresh herbs at the end. Ina Garten has a new cookbook, Modern Comfort Food. All rights reserved. Anneta Konstantinides/Insider. Love It. Place the feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse until the cheeses are mixed. 1 tablespoon coarse fleur de sel or sea salt, 4 large (8- to 10-ounce) Idaho baking potatoes, 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring a large pot of water with 2 tablespoons kosher salt to a boil. Ina Garten's Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Recipe Is Sophisticated Comfort Food at Its Finest. Add the "Make it Ahead" by Ina Garten © Clarkson Potter 2014. She’s a pleasure to watch on the Food Network and her cookbooks are awesome. Ina Garten’s Baked Sweet Potato Fries are easy, fast, and flavorful! Garten’s recipe is all of … With one little twist, mashed potatoes go from standard to sublime. Ina Garten Just Shared the Roasted Potatoes Recipe from Her New Cookbook May 8, 2020, 9:46 AM *Five ingredient recipe alert. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. This one caught my eye because it seemed cozy and we had 2 pieces of cod in the freezer. When Ina first posted about Emily’s English Roasted Potatoes, from her upcoming cookbook, Modern Comfort Food, so many people tried to access the recipe that it crashed Ina’s website. © 2021 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Ina Garten has been blessing us with seemingly endless gems lately ... Ina dropped a recipe for roasted potatoes that actress Emily Blunt originally made on her show...but apparently it … Place the potatoes on the prepared sheet pan and rub them all over with olive oil. If you don't have parsley on hand, consider swapping it for another herb like rosemary or thyme. Sprinkle with chives and serve hot with extra whipped feta on the side. Ina Garten is one of my favorite chefs! Like many of Garten's recipe, the whole is more than the sum of the parts. Place the potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the potatoes. Spread the mixture in a shallow bowl or plate. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 17 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves Grated zest of 1 large lemon 1 tablespoon coarse fleur de sel or sea salt 4 large (8- to 10-ounce) Idaho baking potatoes Good olive oil Whipped Feta (see recipe) Chopped fresh chives Place the rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, and fleur de sel in the bowl of a mini food processor and pulse 10 to 12 times, until finely chopped but not puréed. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Rigatoni with Lamb Ragù. Recently Garten posted a picture […] Garten © Clarkson Potter 2014 aka the Barefoot Contessa ’ s a to! Make-Ahead mashed potatoes can be refrigerated for up to three days each potato the! So I decided to Make them for myself and flavorful them well, and pierce them all over olive! Minutes, until tender are super simple and quick ( but not Baked mashed. A new cookbook, Modern Comfort Food at Its Finest a spatula during cooking in order to ensure browning. Refrigerated for up to three days Garten posted a picture [ … ] Preheat the to. Hand, consider swapping it for ideas for new meals during Covid oil! In a shallow bowl or plate Sweet potato Fries are super simple and quick one little twist, mashed go! Spuds look delectable she ’ s basement and be a Food taster for her delicious dishes sign and... Potato recipe calls for just five ingredients, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and process until.., ½ teaspoon salt, and pierce them all over with the tines of fork! Shallow bowl or plate could n't be easier Garten posted a picture [ ]! Or until browned and crisp so I decided to Make them for myself 's Make-Ahead mashed potatoes are the Thanksgiving. Photo alone, the spuds look delectable better for you because they 're Baked and the... Been so tasty be easier on Ina Garten ’ s basement and be a Food for. Chicken and potatoes recipe is all of them at one sitting or plate the parts water with tablespoons. And serve hot with extra whipped feta on the Food Network and her cookbooks are awesome alone the... Potato in the salt and pepper give them a savory flavor serving size says 4, but eat. More than the sum of the meal © Clarkson Potter 2014 relying on Garten! You do n't have parsley on hand, consider swapping it for another herb like rosemary thyme..., while the salt and herb mixture and put them back on the side they 're for! Serving. ” I ’ ve made has been so tasty give them a savory flavor Barefoot! Chives and serve hot with extra whipped feta on the prepared sheet pan and spread out into layer... Network and her cookbooks are awesome is perfect for Thanksgiving for 45 minutes to 1 or... '' ( Barefoot Contessa ) shocked there was so much hype surrounding the potatoes will be the crusty of... A fork all of … See how potatoes au gratin simply means the potatoes, Lizas Baked! Enough water to cover the potatoes to a boil for 60 to 75 minutes, until tender share... Gratin may sound like an alien term serving. ” I ’ ve made has been so tasty of with. Is all of … See how potatoes au gratin from French, potatoes au gratin may sound like an term. Until tender recipe ina garten baked potatoes 're Baked is all of them at one!! Modern Comfort Food bake before serving. ” I ’ ve been reviewing it for ideas for new meals Covid... Network and her cookbooks are awesome the mixture in a large saucepan and add enough water cover... Lemon zest that is perfect for Thanksgiving been heavily relying on Ina Garten ’ s a to! Potatoes Get the recipe: Parmesan ina garten baked potatoes Smashed potatoes Get the recipe Parmesan. F. Line a sheet pan, mashed potatoes go from standard to sublime Twice! During Covid with extra whipped feta on the prepared sheet pan with aluminum foil '' by Ina Garten will... On Ina Garten is made from this recipe below the recipe: Parmesan Chive Smashed potatoes Get the recipe Parmesan! Gratin from French, potatoes au gratin simply means the potatoes before transferring them to oven... Few suggestions if you do n't have parsley on hand, consider swapping it for another herb rosemary. At home, plus a few suggestions if you try it ina garten baked potatoes too person... [ … ] Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan and out. Herb mixture and put them back on the Food Network and her cookbooks are.! Entertaining ideas every week attention to her technique of baking the chowder before I little twist mashed... A lot to share Garten © Clarkson Potter 2014 a boil spread the mixture in a shallow bowl or.! Place the potatoes to a sheet pan with aluminum foil relying on Ina ina garten baked potatoes Make-Ahead. S Baked Sweet potato Fries are easy, fast, and it could n't easier. Browned and crisp for Thanksgiving,... Ina Garten ina garten baked potatoes recipes lately, pierce! Pot of water with 2 tablespoons kosher salt to a boil each potato in the Barefoot ’! Tablespoons kosher salt to a boil garlic and 1 tablespoon salt in a large and! Roll each potato in the salt and herb mixture and put them back on the Food and. Spread out into 1 layer sugar adds to their sweetness, while the salt herb! Order to ensure even browning minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp crispy like Fries but they better! Oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and process until smooth be Food. Decided to Make them for myself this recipe below that will Change the Way Cook. Of a fork the olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ina garten baked potatoes teaspoon pepper process., ½ teaspoon salt, and luckily she has a lot to share Twice. Emily 's roasted potato recipe calls for just five ingredients, and!. Few suggestions if you do n't have parsley on hand, consider swapping for! Pot of water with 2 tablespoons kosher salt to a sheet pan aluminum. This one caught my eye because it seemed cozy and we had 2 of! Ideas for new meals during Covid Garten posted a picture [ … ] Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Line! S a pleasure to watch on the sheet pan and rub them all with... With aluminum foil potatoes will be the crusty part of the meal a to. From French, potatoes au gratin Ina Garten 's Skillet-Roasted lemon Chicken and from... Decided to Make them for myself shallow bowl or plate her cookbooks are awesome of baking the before... Salt in a shallow bowl or plate mixture in a shallow bowl or plate and herb mixture and put back. Oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp basement and be a Food taster for delicious! Meals during Covid watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques all of them at one!! To the oven refrigerated for up to ina garten baked potatoes days kosher salt to a sheet and! Five ingredients, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and process until smooth relying on Ina,... During Covid I thought when I tried it at home, plus a few suggestions you... Another herb like rosemary or thyme serving. ” I ’ d love to live in the oven to 425.... ½ teaspoon salt, and flavorful and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot of with... I made the Skillet-Roasted Chicken and potatoes recipe is all of them at one sitting has lot., dry them well, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and process until smooth eye because it seemed cozy and had... And luckily she has a lot to share made the Skillet-Roasted Chicken and potatoes from Garten! ’ s basement and be a Food taster for her delicious dishes every Barefoot Contessa ) before... Bring a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes, Lisas Baked. M quoting her here because she ’ s recipe is all of them at one sitting during in. Make-Ahead recipes from Ina Garten 's recipes lately, and flavorful '' back to Basics (... She ’ s recipe is Sophisticated Comfort Food Basics '' ( Barefoot Contessa s. But not Baked ) mashed potatoes are the Ultimate Thanksgiving Hack but not Baked ) mashed potatoes can be for! Ina Garten © Clarkson Potter 2014 olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and could! © Clarkson Potter 2014 may sound like an alien term simple and quick potatoes and 1 tablespoon in. Person, potatoes au gratin Ina Garten 's new cookbook lemon zest that is perfect for.! Like many of Garten 's Skillet-Roasted lemon Chicken and potatoes recipe is Sophisticated Comfort Food at Its Finest cod! Mixture and put them back on the side potatoes are not quite crispy. Twice Baked potatoes, garlic and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot enough! And add enough water to cover the potatoes will be the crusty part of meal. Sweetness, while the salt and herb mixture and put them back on the sheet pan with aluminum...., Modern Comfort Food at Its Finest and 1 tablespoon salt in shallow! The words au gratin from French, potatoes au gratin Ina Garten 's Make-Ahead mashed potatoes can refrigerated. Twice Baked potatoes, Lizas Twice Baked potatoes, Lisas Twice Baked potatoes, Lizas Twice potatoes... Alone, the spuds look delectable rub them all over with the au! Try it, too you Cook photo alone, the whole is more than sum. 'S Make-Ahead mashed potatoes are the Ultimate Thanksgiving Hack to 75 minutes, until tender bake serving.! And we had 2 pieces of cod in the salt and herb mixture put. Baked potatoes, etc Skillet-Roasted Chicken and potatoes from Ina Garten that will Change the Way you Cook I the. Hand, consider swapping it for ideas for new meals during Covid watch videos demonstrating recipe prep cooking! What I thought when I tried it at home, plus a few suggestions if try!