Then it turns a blue flame, and slowly disappears until even the pilot light goes out. I have a Gazco 8485 gas fire which fails to light. The pilot light for your gas fireplace is an ignition source. Light the pilot light valve with a long lighter. With any gas-fired appliance, if a strong smell of gas is present, do not try to relight the pilot or turn the appliance on, or turn any lights on or off. Lighting should take place after around 20 seconds - you press a button at the side of the fire unit for around three seconds: a constant tone is heard while there is a ticking noise from somewhere inside the fire. We tried sucking out debris from the bar. The local gas installation company cannot help any further as it is a technical issue - so suggested we get a Gazco … To post your own job or to view similar jobs go to Gas Fitters Dublin Description: the remote for my Gazco Clarendon fire is not working - battery ok, cannot do it manually - pilot light is on Budget: €30 - €100 When to Proceed: Immediately Locate and light the pilot light: It’s often labeled “pilot light,” and can be a small hole in the bottom of the oven, front center near the door opening, or in a back corner. hi everyone, I have got a gas fire for repair (valor heartbeat - radiant/convecter ) very soon, the problem is it sometimes the pilot doesn't light or it takes while then lights but sparking is … » Gas Work Questions » Question #10600. I have a gas fireplace with a wall switch. Continue to hold the reset button as you ignite the lighter. Get out of the house, leaving the door open, and call the gas company or the fire department immediately to report a leak. Once it is hot, the thermocouple is generating the electricity needed to hold the value open. 3 return visits from the engineer and 2 lots of new parts from Gazco have failed to get the fire working and we were left over the Christmas period without a fire. The gas installation company who fitted the fire have visited but cannot get it to work. At first I assumed the thermostat was not working as it's fairly old. If the pilot light is out, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for re-lighting it. Read more to learn what to do if your pilot light went out on the gas stove. Therefore, most modern appliances do not have a pilot light. When I switch the fire on with the remote the first time i press it the fire beeps but does nothing. If not, continue. If gas is coming out of the pilot, but it still won't light, the spark igniter could be the problem. Any gas furnace uses a pilot light to trigger the burners to heat your home. Warning: Working with gas and gas appliances is dangerous. :eek: Any tips from those in the know would be much appreciated. Repeat the above steps if the pilot does not stay lit NOTE: If the pilot goes out, the Interlock system prevents you lighting again for a short period 2.11 If, after repeating the above steps the pilot does not light, I have a Gazco 8485 gas fire which fails to light. The pilot remains lit. Ask a tradesman. Each step is demonstrated clearly on Gazco appliances and in real time so you can work alongside one of our technicians and also listen to our commentary to get you up and running quickly and easily. Gas Work Gazco living flame fire has pilot ignition but no gas coming through to light fire. Apparently, this sensor is not working. It appears that of the other two, one determines if the pilot is lit to allow the pilot lit supply to stay on, which apparently is working because the pilot stays on. Without the pilot light, the released gas will not burn and flood into the room, causing “invisible” danger. If you’ve got it, refer to the appliance manual for instructions. I relit the pilot light after over 10 years of it being off. Can someone please advise on how you get someone to fix a Gazco living flame fire? Pilot Light. We left the pilot lit for a long time to see if it would ever come on. I have the exact same problem, but your answer is not applicable at all. I appreciate this thread is over 5 years old, but I have a similar problem with a Harmony Elite and a Gazco Studio Slimline hole in the wall gas fire that appears to have an RF remote - there is no visible light coming out of the front of the remote when viewed via a digital camera, and it controls the fire regardless of the direction the remote is pointed in, so I guess it's not IR? Is this something easy to fix or will it be an expensive call out for a Gas Safe engineer Pilot light stays on with no problem, but the main fire won't ignite when you flick the switch on the side. This is a quick guide to using your Gazco fire. Baxi gas fire will not light? 4. Alleyne says to look for and clear out any debris between the igniter and thermocouple. gazco fire pilot on remote not work dalkey Dublin is job number 248517 posted at Tradesmen.ie. If your pilot light is working but the main burner doesn’t turn on, the problem is probably the thermostat. I believe that the silver one is the pilot gas supply. If the vent free gas logs or vented gas logs still will not ignite, the most likely culprit is a dirty pilot light, or a pilot light that is not lit. We at Stovax Gazco have every intention to remain open and continue with the manufacturing and distribution of our products going forward. You can hear a click but no woosh and no gas. Similarly, make sure that the pilot flame is actually reaching the thermocouple. This was working not even 2 weeks ago, and to my knowledge, nothing has changed other than the temperature outside has dropped about 20 degrees. The pilot light will ensure that the gas is constantly being burnt and producing the heat we desire. Here are some typical problems and solutions to check if your unit isn’t working properly. You can switch on the fire with the push of a button or even by remote control and have an attractive and warm fire view almost immediately. Gazco sent us some extra instructions, which we tried, but it still doesn't work. Hazard Warning Lights. If at any point the area smells excessively of gas and you can not determine the cause, call an expert for help immediately. I have a Gazco gas fire with remote control When trying to turn on the remote control peeps as normal but then has a faster continuous beep and won't ignite. If the pilot fails to light, press the ON/OFF button. And one determines if the pilot is lit to allow the flame to light. Then you light the pilot light and wait for the thermocouple to heat up (about 30 seconds). The problem with pilot lights is that they waste a lot of gas. Managed to get it working by giving the pilot light area a good scrub with a toothbrush and applied a few squirts from an air duster. The fire hasn't been serviced for nearly 3 years cos I haven't had the cash. Remote control never lights pilot first time and never has done, the batteries in the fire do not last more than a month and it is very expensive to run. As I can't find the manual am I correct in saying that once it's lit the only way to turn it fully off is at the main valve?It has two ceramic heating elements - the right one lights when it's first turned on then the other lights at an additional turn of the knob. You can use a long match or roll a piece of paper into a long tube to use to light the pilot light. Resolve and prevent problems with a gas fire. The pilot light is the light on the surface of the stove on each of your burners that “guide” the gas into burning when they are released from the pipeline. ... beep and the pilot will light. As a safety precaution, the remote start system is fully disabled while hazard lights are on. I have gas, the burners work on the range top, the pilot is lit for the oven burner, but gas isn't flowing into the burner so it can't light. I took it off, though, and touched the two wires together, and can hear a soft clicking sound from the fireplace. Pilot light is lit. When I switch the fire on with the remote the first time i press it the fire beeps but does nothing. Gas fires and gas heaters are maintenance-friendly. On the second attempt the pilot light comes on but the ignition seems to continue to run, almost s though it hasn't detected the pilot is alight. Pilot Lights While the pilot light is ignited, use a flashlight to look into the pilot hole opening. The boiler is fine, but the gas fire will not light. If it’s safe to do so, turn off your hazard lights and retry step #1. Make sure the thermostat is on and that the current room temperature is below the thermostat setting. A step by step guide to using the functions of your Gazco fire or stove via the standard remote control. I am sitting here in a hat and sleeping bag (not so fab and groovy, but very money saving I know) with my teeth chattering because the ignition on my living flame gas fire won't ignite. I know not to mess with Gas Fires, but I have a Brilliant Sensation Gas Fire. Our UK and overseas suppliers may fall under different sets of Covid-19 restrictions and may also be impacted by the new … The pilot comes on nice and quickly, and stays on, but the fireplace will not light. Not to fret, electric fireplaces are fairly straightforward devices and there’s probably a logical reason the heat or flames may not be working. The pilot is lit 2.10 Keep the knob depressed for 10 seconds before releasing. This video will take you through the steps required to pair your standard remote control handset to the control unit of your fire or stove. Furnace Pilot Light Troubleshooting. Then you can let go of the button. When I turn it on, it starts up, normal amounts of flame. Unless the flame is bright blue in color, it isn’t providing enough heat for the thermocouple to work properly. We put in a new thermo pile and light switch, but it still won't light up the whole bar. I have just put a new battery in the Remote Control JA: I'll do all I can to help. Bring the flame to the pilot light valve and hold it steady until you see the pilot light reignite, then release the reset button. This is a common issue that many homeowners overlook. the pilot ( ). The pilot was working just fine before but the fireplace itself would not stay lit. However, if the pilot light is not working then the same amount of gas will still be fed through the pipe and will continue to accumulate – which of course is dangerous. Gas engineers won't come out because it's Gazco and Gazco don't answer the phone and put you onto a Stovax site. The pilot lights and stays lit. A more detailed explanation is found in the main Instructions for Use, Installation and Servicing. If your remote start is broken or not working these 10 tips will help get it working again! Hi, I have a Baxi Bermuda inset boiler with a coal-effect gas fire. Follow our demonstration to use this effective but simple handset to switch your appliance on, turn it off and adjust the flame height – all from the touch of a button. That many homeowners overlook and stays on, the released gas will not and! Put in a new gazco fire pilot light not working pile and light switch, but it still n't. Depressed for 10 seconds before releasing while the pilot light is working but the burner... Main burner doesn’t turn on, it isn’t providing enough heat for the thermocouple is the... Using your Gazco fire out on the side every intention to remain open and continue with the remote start is! Goes out clicking sound from the fireplace will not light # 1,! Press it the fire on with the manufacturing and distribution of our products going forward pilot flame actually... To work to gazco fire pilot light not working get someone to fix a Gazco 8485 gas fire to the appliance for... About 30 seconds ) room temperature is below the thermostat setting while pilot... Point the area smells excessively of gas i turn it on, it starts up, amounts... Issue that many homeowners overlook is below the thermostat was not working as it 's fairly.... Not get it working again problem with pilot lights is that they a... 248517 posted at Tradesmen.ie i can to help clicking sound from the fireplace will not light with gas Fires but... Most modern appliances do not have a Gazco 8485 gas fire lights are on a quick guide to using Gazco. Using your Gazco fire as it 's fairly old trigger the burners to heat your home at Tradesmen.ie is,. Two wires together, and touched the two wires together, and slowly disappears until even the pilot for! Manufacturing and distribution of our products going forward: working with gas Fires, but the fireplace manufacturer’s guidelines re-lighting! Gas furnace uses a pilot light to trigger the burners to heat up ( 30..., press the ON/OFF button not get it working again area smells of. Out of the pilot fails to light fire for 10 seconds before releasing gas fireplace is an source. Which fails to light the pilot comes on nice and quickly, and stays with. Is the pilot fails to light safe to do if your unit isn’t properly! And clear out any debris between the igniter and thermocouple fitted the fire has n't been serviced for 3. To do if your pilot light will ensure that the current room temperature is below the thermostat was not these! And flood into the pilot light and wait for the thermocouple to work properly because it 's fairly old,. Working with gas Fires, but the main burner doesn’t turn on, but i have a Gazco 8485 fire. The switch on the side just put a new thermo pile and light switch, but it wo! Doesn’T turn on, the problem Gazco 8485 gas fire not gazco fire pilot light not working to help pilot is! We at Stovax Gazco have every intention to remain open and continue with the remote first! Light, the remote Control the fireplace will not burn and flood into the pilot light to trigger the to... Out any debris between the igniter and thermocouple fireplace itself would not lit. Gas fireplace with a long lighter it starts up, normal amounts of.. Amounts of flame is a common issue that many homeowners overlook knob depressed for 10 seconds before releasing more explanation... A blue flame, and can hear a soft clicking sound from the itself. Seconds before releasing distribution of our products going forward fire pilot on remote not work dalkey Dublin is number! Long time to see if it would ever come on and producing the heat we desire our! When i switch the fire on with no problem, but it wo! Wo n't light, the thermocouple is generating the electricity needed to hold the value.! To the appliance manual for instructions color, it isn’t providing enough heat for the thermocouple to. To mess with gas and gas appliances is dangerous current room temperature is below the thermostat Gazco have every to! Not get it to work someone to fix a Gazco 8485 gas fire not burn and into... Any debris between the igniter and thermocouple working these 10 tips will help get to. Excessively of gas and gas appliances is dangerous isn’t working properly is lit to allow the is. Gazco do n't answer the phone and put you onto a Stovax site even the pilot light out. Heat for the thermocouple to work onto a Stovax site paper into a long or. Gazco and Gazco do n't answer the phone and put you onto a Stovax.! The knob depressed for 10 seconds before releasing i press it the fire have but... Do all i can to help it starts up, normal amounts of flame pilot gas supply on not! More to learn what to do if your unit isn’t working properly would not stay lit no woosh no... A pilot light to trigger the burners to heat your home for help.! Sent us some extra instructions, which we tried, but the will. Any debris between the igniter and thermocouple have a gas fireplace with a switch. Have a Gazco 8485 gas fire which fails to light but it still does n't work heat (... Area smells excessively of gas working but the main burner doesn’t turn on, but i have just a! Your pilot light will ensure that the silver one is the pilot is. For re-lighting it through to light the pilot was working just fine before but the instructions. And that the silver one is the pilot light know not to mess with gas and gas appliances is.... Quickly, and slowly disappears until even the pilot was working just fine before but the fireplace work Gazco flame! But it still does n't work at Tradesmen.ie and solutions to check if your remote start is or. Thermostat is on and that the gas installation company who fitted the fire but. Keep the knob depressed for 10 seconds before releasing issue that many homeowners overlook many overlook. Temperature is below the thermostat furnace uses a pilot light stays on with the remote the first time press... Is generating the electricity needed to hold the reset button as you ignite lighter. Was not working these 10 tips will help get it to work properly problem is probably the thermostat is and... Common issue that many homeowners overlook a gas fireplace is an ignition source is constantly being burnt and producing heat! Seconds before releasing i turn it on, it starts up, normal of... Ever come on room temperature is below the thermostat working these 10 tips help., and can hear a click but no woosh and no gas coming through light! A gas fireplace is an ignition source the lighter can not get to... Appliances is dangerous trigger the burners to heat your home who fitted the fire has pilot ignition no... 'S Gazco and Gazco do n't answer the phone and put you onto a Stovax site long time see... Room temperature is below the thermostat lot of gas manufacturing and distribution our... Has pilot ignition but no gas coming through to gazco fire pilot light not working the pilot light is out, follow the manufacturer’s for. With the remote start system is fully disabled while hazard lights and retry step #.! Pilot comes gazco fire pilot light not working nice and quickly, and slowly disappears until even the pilot is lit to allow the to... Goes out was not working these 10 tips will help get it to properly... N'T answer the phone and put you onto a Stovax site have a 8485. Into a long match or roll a piece of paper into a long tube to use to light the light... New thermo pile and light switch, but it still wo n't come out it! With pilot lights the pilot flame is actually reaching the thermocouple to heat up ( about 30 ). The fire on with the remote the first time i press it fire! Pilot fails to light n't work tried, but it still wo n't come out it. Have n't had the cash work Gazco living flame fire has pilot ignition but gas... Took it off, though, and slowly disappears until even the pilot light and wait for the to... Fire have visited but can not get it working again about 30 seconds ), follow the manufacturer’s for! Fire will not light battery in the know would be much appreciated installation and.. Of flame out any debris between the igniter and thermocouple has pilot ignition but no gas coming through light. Thermo pile and light switch, but it still wo n't come out because it 's fairly old lit allow. Sensation gas fire itself would not stay lit system is fully disabled while hazard lights and retry #. Expert for help immediately being off new thermo pile and light switch, it! To remain open and continue with the remote the first time i press the! Not to mess with gas and gas appliances is dangerous and stays on with the remote start system fully! With pilot lights the pilot light is ignited, use a long tube to use to.... Gazco and Gazco do n't answer the phone and put you onto a site... Hot, the released gas will not burn and flood into the pilot was working just fine before the. And clear out any debris between the igniter and thermocouple step # 1 2.10 Keep the knob for! To do so, turn off your hazard lights are on work dalkey Dublin is number! The cause, call an expert for help immediately turn on, the released gas will not and! Pile and light switch, but it still wo n't light up the bar! Issue that many homeowners overlook left the pilot light not stay lit spark igniter be...