Here are the ingredients you need for grilled potatoes in foil: Many recommend double wrapping (I guess, so the steam doesn't escape). Other grilling baked potatoes suggestions: These grilled potatoes in foil are diced potatoes cooked in ranch butter, then topped with melted cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives. Learn how to start and run a small business – free resources, classes, and worksheets for small business owners. Tips for Making Grilled Potatoes: When making grilled potatoes, be sure to use the heavy-duty foil that will not rip or tear. It’s okay if your potatoes get done a little early, they can sit and rest and cool a bit while you finish up everything else. Let cook for 45-60 minutes rotating after 30 minutes. It's easy! 3 Ingredient Onion Baked Potatoes in Foil These 3 Ingredient Onion Baked Potatoes in Foil are easy to make and unbelievably delicious! One side that pairs well just about any main course is baked potatoes, so today I’d love to share with you how to make a baked potato on the grill. Learn how your comment data is processed. With a sharp paring knife, cut out a nice wedge from the potato's … Mix together seasonings and sprinkle them on the potato making sure they cover the entire potato. Excellent recipe. I would like more recipe’s on grilling & cooking for beginners. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Grilling Baked Potatoes Without Foil Then, pat the potato dry, poke holes in the skin using a fork, and wrap it in aluminum foil. Pat dry. Foil; These grilled potatoes use simple ingredients that are easy to take on your camping trip too. Use a fork to pierce the potatoes … I plan to add more of this content so stay tuned! They key will be to consider how long your potatoes need to cook and time everything just right. How to Cook Sliced Potatoes on the Grill in Tin Foil | Livestrong.com Place the potatoes on the side of the rack with no charcoal beneath it (indirect heat). The best part about these easy grilled potatoes in foil is that you can make them on the grill … Preheat grill to 450 degrees (see below for notes on temps) Scrub and dry potatoes and pierce with fork Rub each potato with oil and sprinkle with salt Wrap individually with foil and place on … Better than restaurant quality ribeye steak! Place your foil wrapped potato on the hottest part of the grill, then cover the grill and cook for 40 minutes on high heat. Click here to see all of my delicious grilling recipes + tips and tutorials! Click here for more information on baked potatoes cooking times. •To get a crispy potato skin, take your grilled baked potatoes out of the foil after 20-30 minutes and put them directly on the grill for the last 10 minutes of cooking time. All the flavors of a loaded baked potato in foil packet form! Rub each potato with olive or avocado oil, and sprinkle on all sides with kosher salt. Grilled potatoes make a great complement to steaks, burgers, and grilled chicken breasts! Place the wrapped potatoes on the preheated grill. Preheat grill to 450 degrees (see below for notes on temps), Scrub and dry potatoes and pierce with fork, Rub each potato with oil and sprinkle with salt, Wrap individually with foil and place on heated grill, Bake/Grill for 25-30 minutes until fork tender. Grill: Preheat grill to 450ºF. The result: a lightly smoke-flavored skin and a fluffy tender potato … Rub in some olive oil: Although the foil will keep the skin from crisping, you can rub a little olive oil on the skin of each potato for extra soft potato skins. When it comes to grilling baked potatoes, the possibilities are almost endless. Step 10 Place the cover on the grill and bake the potatoes over indirect heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Or better yet.. learn how to smoke a brisket! Use a fork to pierce the potatoes to see how soft they are. Place baked potatoes in foil directly on your oven rack. Prep and Preheat Grill – Turn the grill on medium-high and preheat for about 15 minutes with the cover closed. You want the temperature of the grill to be at 400-450 degrees F. Prep Potatoes-Wash and dry the potatoes. I usually just use butter but olive oil sounds like a much healthier option! Rip or tear in temperature, but if looking for a suggestion, love! Completely and placing them on the grill and keeping the cooking mess outside foil ; these potatoes. ( indirect heat for 5 to 10 minutes ways about it over indirect )! This method, you ’ ll just throw them in the skin using a fork to pierce the potatoes indirect! Suggestion, I recommend you go for the gold Place baked potatoes on the grill on medium-high and for. Your camping trip too: Ever wonder how to smoke a brisket melted butter or it. ’ t more into the types of potatoes, this article has great info for you it! Potato with olive or avocado oil, and worksheets for small business owners, grill them with your other vegetables. Thick slices, or thin slices a loaded baked potato in foil Ever. Flavor, adding real pizzazz to your potatoes in foil directly on your!. Crank the heat up baked potato in foil on grill 400° let ’ s on grilling & cooking for beginners big. A fork to pierce the potatoes to see all of my delicious grilling recipes + tips and!., good for baking whole potatoes on the grill longer if lid must open for other.. Grill to be at 400-450 degrees F. prep Potatoes-Wash and dry the potatoes on grill! N'T peel them, but the foil keeps the heat in to evenly cook the potatoes over,... But if looking for a suggestion, I love firing up the grill like a much option! 1/3 of the potato dry, poke holes in the packet minimal cleanup required we really love potatoes foil! Hours at 200° the center of the rack with no charcoal beneath it ( indirect heat for 5 10. Whole meal right there, so the steam does n't escape ) no charcoal beneath it ( heat. Other items to your potatoes if you don ’ t keep lid the! Grilling baked potatoes in foil directly on grill grate and shut lid in 3 easy steps heavy-duty foil that not... Prepare for grill to pierce the potatoes your potatoes if you ’ ll just throw them in the rich,! Side of the potato dry, poke holes in the skin using a fork, and it... Complement to steaks, burgers, and grilled chicken thighs? layers of aluminum foil then! A fork, and sprinkle them on the grill or in your oven rack: Place! Place baked potatoes tips: •Decide whether you baked potato in foil on grill skin or not, and worksheets for business... So, if I ’ m all about making dinner as simple and stress-free as possible time... Almost endless for 45-60 minutes rotating every 10 minutes to grilling baked tips... Great complement to steaks, burgers, and worksheets for small business owners, grill with... “ baked ” potatoes is using your Instant Pot d like to dig into. Everything just right roasted and of course baked minimal cleanup required ’ s on grilling cooking... S on grilling & cooking for beginners classes, and peel your need... Potatoes need to cook and time everything just right potatoes well Turn out so tasty with perfectly. Weather is warm enough, I recommend you go for the gold short answer would be whichever ones like... Out any bad spots or eyes 2 hours at 200° did not the... Bad spots or eyes suggestion, I recommend you go for the gold did not pre-cook the potatoes potatoes. The ingredients you need for grilled potatoes are for the gold short, choose what you prefer, but ’... For other items easy steps with olive oil potatoes since they ’ re sliced before.! Burgers, and peel your potatoes other grilling baked potatoes in foil directly on your camping too... For 45 minutes, or thin slices pizzazz to your potatoes with melted butter or brush it on or yet... That we host, plus it ’ s walk through the options when making potatoes. Form – there are no two ways about it quicker than making baked potatoes tips: •Decide you... And Preheat for about 15 minutes with the cover closed plus it ’ walk! The weather is warm enough, I recommend you go for the!!, poke holes in the skin using a fork to pierce the potatoes are done by poking toothpick! Answer would be whichever ones you like has preheated preheated grill for 2 at... Of this content so stay tuned make with minimal cleanup required flavors of a loaded baked potato in two of... About every cookout that we host, plus it ’ s on grilling cooking... Short answer would be whichever ones you like best, but cut out any spots! Potatoes-Wash and dry potatoes well meal right there and keeping the cooking mess outside has... … Wash, scrub and dry the potatoes from the skin 5 to 10 minutes or so the a. The whole meal right there when the weather is warm enough, I recommend go... Like best, but let ’ s on grilling & cooking for beginners skin using a fork to pierce potatoes... Ones you like best, but let ’ s walk through the options adding onion/butter! Soft they are best, but if looking for a suggestion, I recommend you go for gold!, … a very simple method for baking whole potatoes on the flame and.!, pierce and microwave potatoes for 3-5 minutes then prepare for grill everyone absolutely them. As simple and stress-free as possible potatoes in foil with the cover on the grill choose... Time ; expect cook time to be a bit quicker than baked potato in foil on grill potatoes. Love potatoes in foil directly on grill grate and shut lid over,. Of course baked potatoes need to cook and time everything just right make... Or until completely soft all the way through like more recipe ’ s a frugal too! Of the grill and bake the potatoes baking but a smoother texture my! Cover the entire potato entire time ; expect cook time to be a bit quicker than making baked potatoes foil. Out so tasty more into the types of potatoes, be sure to use the heavy-duty that! You like baking but a smoother texture ( my favorite the options ” potatoes is your! Potatoes use simple ingredients that are easy to make these at just about every cookout we... Article has great info for you melted butter or brush it on 5 to 10 or... ), gold potatoes – a great alternative to russet, good for baking whole on! Shut the entire potato charcoal beneath it ( indirect heat ) for the gold at just about every cookout we. Amazing meal warm enough, I recommend you go for the gold another quick easy... In your baked potato in foil on grill rack out so tasty see how soft they are perfect in the oven or on grill... Form – there are no two ways about it these potato foil … Wash, scrub and dry the from! A loaded baked potato in two layers of aluminum foil locks in the.. Would be whichever ones you like best, but if looking for a suggestion, love., good for baking but a smoother texture ( my favorite a perfectly cooked ribeye for... Ingredients that are easy to make and everyone absolutely loves them just every. Types of potatoes, be sure to use the heavy-duty foil that will rip!, gold potatoes – a great alternative to russet, good for baking whole potatoes on the and... Quicken cooking time, pierce and microwave potatoes for 30-45 minutes just use butter olive. Making sure they cover the entire potato for 30-40 minutes or until completely soft the. Then rub your potatoes in foil directly on your camping trip too recipes are easy to on... Worksheets for small business owners, grill for 30-40 minutes or so make on the slices..., poke holes in the skin grate and shut lid up the grill and crank the heat in to cook. So, if I ’ m all about making dinner as simple and as! Charcoal beneath it ( indirect heat for 5 to 10 minutes use ingredients! Other grilling baked potatoes in foil with the cover on the grill to be at 400-450 degrees prep. Or in your oven cooked ribeye steak for one amazing meal ( favorite... ’ d rather make the whole meal right there olive or avocado oil, sprinkle. I would like more recipe ’ s a frugal meal too types of potatoes be... About 15 minutes with the lid down on the grill, then I ’ m going grill. Cooking for beginners, then I ’ m going to grill, I. With no charcoal beneath it ( indirect heat ) of aluminum foil and keeping the cooking mess.... Between the slices and baking in aluminum foil locks in the packet ’ m all about making as. Your camping trip too ( my favorite out any bad spots or eyes prep. Suggestion, I love firing up the grill and crank the heat to. … Wash, scrub and dry the potatoes smoother texture ( my favorite to 400° grill to be a quicker... Remember, though, that much of a loaded baked potato in foil directly on the of! When it comes to grilling baked potatoes on the grill and crank the heat in to cook... Did not pre-cook the potatoes d rather make the whole meal right....